Here is a great recipe I stumbled upon that is low carb and absolutely delicious! Check it out.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 8-12 peppers of your choice (We used jalapenos and sweet peppers.)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and diced
- 3 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- Ensure you have your shredded chicken and bacon prepared.
Preheat oven to 450º F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss cauliflower florets with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper liberally
- Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake until tender and lightly brown, 20-25 minutes.
- While roasting your cauliflower, cut your peppers in half, and remove all the seeds.
- Reduce your oven temperature to 350º F.
- In that same mixing bowl, stir together hot sauce, ranch, green onions, and bacon until combined.
- Toss shredded chicken and roasted cauliflower in hot sauce and ranch mixture until incorporated.
- Spoon your buffalo ranch chicken inside of every pepper, and place stuffed peppers on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, and then remove.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with ranch and garnish with more green onions and any leftover bacon crumbles.
SlimKit for Her was specifically designed for women to address key areas of weight and fat loss all provided in one convenient package! Containing three of MuscleSport’s most popular For Her series products (Detox for Her, FemmeBurn for Her, and LipoSlim for Her), SlimKit will help your incinerate fat, detox and cleanse, and boost metabolism. Let’s take a deeper look at each one to understand exactly what they do.
Detox for Her – Toxins can build up in the body as a result of many factors. Even healthy activities such as exercising and dieting can lead to toxin accumulation, as each creates their own unique set of demands. In the process of meeting those demands, things like free radicals, heavy metals, or synthetics can accrue. While the human body does have the capacity to stay regular and remove these substances, that doesn’t mean it couldn’t use a little help. Detox for Her is a full body cleansing matrix designed to be a hired marshals service for your body – to round up all the irritants that shouldn’t be where they are, and get them out of there.
FemmeBurn for Her – A highly-effective and clinically-dosed thermogenic fat burner that is formulated to fit the needs of HER metabolism and biochemistry. FemmeBurn for Her was designed to deliver the highest thermogenic and fat burning results to a woman’s specific health and fitness goals. But that’s not all, FemmeBurn for Her can also help to regulate estrogen at the receptor level which will help to alleviate fat in those difficult areas, such as the booty, legs, lower back, and abs!
Liposlim for Her – We’ve all heard the term “good fats,” but what exactly are they? To put it simply, the good fats are the ones that help to burn the bad fats, which can build up as a result of poor nutrition, lack of appropriate exercise, and other factors. The best fats are typically only found in very small quantities in food, and that is exactly why Liposlim for Her has isolated a profile of great fatty acids to vastly improve fat-burning capacity and overall health. Dieting is truly a complex art. Although with supplements like Liposlim for Her , they can be drastically simplified. There is no need for a diet to work against anyone, and reducing fat or calorie intake is certainly a valid approach, but without the healthy fats found in Liposlim for Her , getting 6-pack abs becomes a lot more difficult.
I would highly recommend this product to any female looking to get a jump start on their weight loss goals. Of course this goes without saying but even thou this kit can increase your metabolism, it does NOT mean you can slack on your meal plan. Be sure to have a solid plan of action in place to go with this program to really maximize your results. For assistance in setting up a plan please feel free to contact us below!
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is actually a root grown in the ground that is orange and yellow in color and is full of health benefits. The key to turmeric is curcumin, which is a compound contained in turmeric root that is a super antioxidant. Here are a list of the benefits…
- Anti-Inflammatory- Curcumin has shown to reduce chronic inflammation and pain in the body. Taken at the right dosage, curcumin has even been used as a natural alternative to pain medication due to it being non addictive.
- Lower blood sugar- Curcumin has great benefits for type two diabetics in that it can help keep blood sugar more stable throughout the day.
- Anti Cancer- Test subjects that supplemented with curcumin have shown a decrease in tumor size and even cell apoptosis.
- Enhances Recovery Post Workout– Since strength training and other strenuous physical activity causes minor tears in muscle fibers and inflammation, curcumin causes quicker recovery from exercise because of its anti inflammatory benefits.
- Brain Health- Curcumin has shown to cause a release in what are known as macrophages, which are cells that can destroy abnormal protein structures that are in part responsible for cognitive decline.
What is the best way to take Turmeric?
Turmeric can be taken in various ways orally, whether that be the dried powder form used in a smoothie or juice, or in a more concentrated capsule form. One of the best ways to supplement with turmeric is with black pepper, or piperine. Black pepper extract, also known as piperine, has shown to increase the absorption rate of turmeric by as much as 300%, so this is definitely important if you want to get the most benefit. I would look for a capsule form of this product to avoid the mess the powder can cause, and make sure that the curcumin has the piperine in their as well for absorption benefit. One last thing to mention here, when buying curcumin pay attention to the actual percentage yield of curcumin in your dose! The percentages can range between 30 and 95 percent, with 95 percent being the best I would go for that so you do not have to use as much. Most people do not pay any attention to this detail when purchasing and end up buying junk.
You will notice that I have been using turmeric and curcumin interchangeably throughout this post. Just remember turmeric is the root itself, while curcumin is the active ingredient contained in the root with the above mentioned benefits. This being the case some folks will buy actual turmeric root at the grocery store and juice it, or grind it up into a powder. I find the best way for myself is to buy the capsules with a better yield of curcumin in them to avoid all the extra leg work, but to each his own here. Whichever way you prefer is all relative really. Just know the rule of thumb is that turmeric root itself contains between 5-15% curcumin per 1000mg or 1 gram. This will play a role as well when it comes to figuring out the dosage you want.
The proper dosing is a wide range when it comes to curcumin. You will hear anywhere between 1000mg all the way up to 5000mg depending on the situation. Personally I take 1000mg daily monday thru friday as a maintenance dose. Keeps my inflammation at bay and aids my immune system this time of year, which by the way is another benefit I forgot to mention…Curcumin is an immune booster too.
Things to Consider
I would recommend doing a little more research if you are taking curcumin for any specific reason such as type 2 diabetes or cancer. Also curcumin can thin the blood and inhibit iron absorption so keep this in mind as well when supplementing. I always use the premise less is more. Mega dosing something deemed beneficial can turn up negative, hence the old too much of a good thing quote. If you have any questions regarding how to supplement with curcumin or just anything health and fitness related please feel free to leave a comment below.
Breakfast Is Served
This tasty recipe can be eaten any time of the day really, but I am sure will be more fitting for most people in the morning. Check it out.
Makes Approximately 4 servings
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups baby spinach
large handful of cherry tomatoes
6 strips of cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- mix 10 eggs and salt together and set aside
- In a 10-inch ovenproof pan placed over medium heat, drizzle some olive oil. Add the spinach and tomatoes and sauté until the spinach wilts and most of the moisture from the tomatoes evaporates. Add the bacon and sauté a few minutes more.
- Stir in eggs, keeping the pan on the burner just a few minutes for the eggs to set just a little, then transfer to the oven.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, until the eggs are solid inside. Done!
Here is an awesome dessert recipe to help satisfy that sweet tooth and not feel guilty.
Healthy Almond Joy Cheesecake
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Scoop Musclesport Whey Revolution Chocolate **about 3**
- 1/4 tsp Pure stevia(or sweetener of choice to taste)
- 2 TbspNatural almond butter**
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
In a small food processor blend the cottage cheese, protein powder, sweetener and 1 Tbsp of almond butter. I always layer them in that specific order, as I find it blends the best that way.
Process until well mixed and the cottage cheese is creamy and smooth. Note that the mixture is very thick, so you will have to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides a few times, and then keep blending until smooth.
Transfer the mixture into a small bowl and place into the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour to let it set up a little ***.
While it chills, spread the coconut flakes onto a small baking sheet and toast them in a 400 degree oven until light golden brown, about 1 -2 mins.
Once the cheesecake has set, top with additional 1 Tbsp of almond butter (if using) and toasted coconut flakes and DEVOUR.
As we all try to reach our desired fitness goals it is usually good to be practical in your approach. With work, family, business and other daily activities sometimes it is just impractical to get all of your nutrition through whole foods, even thou this is the most optimal choice. That being said here are a few nutritious protein smoothie recipes you can use to get your day started on the right foot.
1.Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie-
1.5 Scoops Slim Whey Smoothie Mix
2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
4 ice cubes
8oz unsweetened almond milk or water
2. Banana Oatmeal Protein Smoothie-
1.5 scoops Slim Whey Vanilla or Chocolate, depending on base flavor preference
1 whole banana
2 Tablespoons classic Quaker Oats
8oz unsweetened almond milk
1-2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
4 ice cubes
3. Berry Mango Protein Smoothie
1.5 Scoops Slim Whey Vanilla
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup frozen or fresh mango
1/2 banana (optional)
8oz unsweetened almond milk
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
2-3 ice cubes
Every year I get a lot of discussion on the subject of weight loss, and with us quickly approaching this holiday season it is getting even more exposure, so I thought I would write a quick post to help those that struggle this time of year. A lot of folks will turn to the markets’ next latest and greatest fat burner to attempt to keep their weight in check, but their are other means to doing so. The combination of CLA, or Conjugated Lineolic Acid and the amino acid L-Carnitine have been used for years as a 1-2 punch to help lose weight. This way you can avoid some of the side effects like the jitters that the fat burners can cause, and still get the results you want. L- Carnitine is an amino acid we naturally store in the body. When we supplement with additional Carnitine our bodies use it as a means of taking stored fat and using it up first as an energy source. So when dieting Carnitine can be one of the best products to use to mobilize that stored body fat. Also CLA, is a healthy fat found in dairy products that is great for keeping our blood sugar stable. By keeping our blood sugar stable we are able to reduce cravings for food and also keep our metabolism in a more steady state throughout the day, leading to better weight loss results. An easy way to get both of these products together is in a smoothie formula created by musclesport called Slim Whey. This meal replacement shake has not only been designed to help provide you with the protein and nutrition you need, but also has the CLA and Carnitine both already added to the product. So Slim Whey in essence is providing you with a low calorie meal replacement, CLA, and Carnitine all together conveniently versus having to buy the separate items. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to clean up their diet and kick start that metabolism to reach your weight loss goals!
So we constantly get asked this question and I wanted to write this in sort of a mass response. Simply put, yes fat burners work but only if your diet is already on point. I can not stress this enough. A fat burner will not be effective if you continue to consistently eat junk. You must first have your diet in the right place, then adding a fat burner would not be a bad option. They can help assist in increasing your energy levels, which may go down while dieting, so the increased energy can definitely be beneficial. Also, an increase in metabolism will obviously be a benefit if fat loss is the goal, and a quality fat burner can do this for you. Lastly a good fat burner usually carries some type of appetite suppressant with it, to avoid those cravings when you are trying to stay on track with your meal plan. A good suggestion for a quality fat burner would be Phenta XT. Phenta XT contains a few key herbal supplements such as geranium, synepherine, and beta phenylamine, which are all great alternatives to the old ephedra products of the late 1990’s that were so popular for fat loss. Additionally, Phenta XT comes in a timed release formula, that slowly delivers over a 12 hour interval, making it only a 1 a day dosage! For something that will actually deliver I would recommend this product as a great place to start, but remember without your diet in check you will NOT maximize your potential results!