Check out this new dessert recipe that tastes absolutely delicious!
- 1 Cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup egg whites
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- The zest of one lemon see note below
- 1 package sugar-free lemon pudding, Jell-O brand
- 1/2 Cup Splenda, the kind for baking, or use Stevia, which I would recommend.
- 1 Cup flour of your choice regular, a low carb mix etc I recommend an almond/coconut blend
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup vanilla Pro-3 protein
- 1/2 Cup no-sugar added blackberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and take your jam out of the fridge so that it sits at room temperature. This makes it a lot easier to drizzle.
- Get your lemon zest ready. Set a bowl down to collect the zest. Then use the lemon zester to scrape off the yellow part of the peel. If you’re using a cheese grater, rub the lemon in one direction, against the sharp edges of the holes. You only want to collect the yellow part, so turn the lemon as you go, letting the zest fall into the bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and egg whites. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, Splenda or Stevia, protein powder, and sugar-free lemon pudding.
- Mix both bowls together thoroughly. Pour into your baking dish. With a spoon, drizzle several lines across the top of your batter. Using a knife, make whatever pattern you’d like on top but be sure to push the jam into the batter a bit.
- Pop the pan into the oven for 30 minutes or until you poke it with a toothpick, and it comes out clean. Everyone’s oven is different so keep an eye on it. Allow a couple minutes to cool before eating, that jam gets pretty hot. Cut into 9 pieces and enjoy!