New low carb recipe for you guys to check out. Hope you like it!
Steak and Shirataki Stir Fry
- 2 packages or approximately 14 ounces shirataki noodles
- 1 pound top sirloin or skirt steak cut into ¼ inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2-inches ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 heads baby bok choy, thinly sliced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Open the packages of shirataki noodles and drain the noodles in a colander. Rinse well under cold water.
Add the noodles to the boiling water. Boil 2 minutes. Drain.
Heat a large skillet or a wok over medium-low heat. Do not add any oil. Add the shirataki noodles to the dry skillet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, using tongs to frequently turn and move the noodles as they cook. This process dries out the noodles. You’ll know they are dry when they suddenly start to squeak as they are moved around the skillet. Remove the noodles from the skillet and set aside.
Whisk together tamari, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger and garlic.
Pour half of the mixture over the beef. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat. Wait several minutes for the pan to get really hot, then add the beef. Cook, stirring just a few times, until meat is cooked, 3 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate.
Let the pan heat up again and add Avocado Oil. Add the shredded carrots and bell pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the bok choy. Cook until just tender, 2 minutes.
Add the noodles and the reserved marinade. Toss the noodles well to coat. Add the beef to the pan and cook just until heated. Serve immediately. Enjoy!