Being I am a huge fan of chicken salad I needed to find a good low carb recipe for this to help fill in the void. This one definitely hit the spot on flavor. Check this out!
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken, approx. 1lb
- 6 tablespoons cashew cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1 inch piece of turmeric root, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Cracked black pepper
Cashew Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup whole, raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup water
First soak cashews at least 4 hours or overnight in cold water. Drain and rinse.
Put the cashews and 1/2 cup water in a high-powered blender. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until the consistency is similar to whipped cream. The texture should be very creamy with no bits of nut left at all.
Next, in a small bowl, whisk together 6 tablespoons of cashew cream, plus the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, Dijon, olive oil, turmeric root, parsley and salt.
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, dressing, celery and shallot, and add all the other ingredients in together. Once mixed evenly you can add black pepper if you like to taste. That’s it! Enjoy! Really the hardest part with this recipe is prepping the cashews ahead of time for later use. Other than that this is a breeze to make, and it tastes amazing. Give it a shot.